Several major roads in Accra will be temporarily closed on Tuesday, September 15, as ECOWAS leaders will be in town for a meeting at the Peduase Lodge in Aburi.
This visit of a delegation of at least eight countries coming in will impose some diplomatic obligation to Ghana including the flow of traffic through the street of Accra. .
Motor Traffic & Traffic Department of the Ghana Police Service, Superintendent Sasu Mensah said, the closure of roads is to ensure a save and secured journey devoured of any traffic conjunctions.
He said it is to prevent unnecessary delays to facilitate the smooth passage of the participant to the meeting.
At a press briefing on Sunday, he announced a list of temporary road closures and areas that could experience traffic delays during the visit.
- The Kotoka international airport to the liberation road at Opeibea.
- The airport bypass to Giffard road through to the liberation road
- Kempinski hotel to national theater on the Indepence avenue
- The liberation road through to N4 to Peduase Lodge
- The liberation road from 37 to Obasanjo street, Tang palace hotel
- The independence avenue to Ako-Agyei.
He cautioned the general public to adhere to traffic rules and regulations
“They are advice to respect all traffic rules and regulation, no account should a vehicle follow an approach convey”.
“Motorist should pack on the right when they see the convey approaching, any inconvenient course will be deeply regretted as the road traffic”, he added.
The general public is also advised to pay heed to the closure of roads and use other alternatives before embarking on their journey to avoid any delays and discomfort.