A 14-year-old pupil had his foot accidentally chopped off by a sawmill machine in Asankra-Breman, in the Amenfi West Municipality of the Western Region on Tuesday.
This was after his younger brother unknowingly switched on the machine while the victim was lying under the machine and was playing.
The boy is currently on admission at the Duayaw Nkwanta Government Hospital and is said to be in a stable condition.
The victim and his brother after closing from school on Tuesday (July 6, 2021) went out to play at the mill.
This was after the owner of the mill had closed and left at about 3:30p.m.
The boys were said to be playing and sitting close to the cutting machine and after the brother switched on the machine the unfortunate happened.
The owner of the machine who was nearby and heard the sound of the machine rushed to the scene but it was too late to salvage the situation.