The University of Arizona in the US is accepting entries from composers of acoustic, electroacoustic and multimedia works for the Turn Up Multimedia Festival in 2022.
- Hi The application deadline is 1 November. Photo: Turn Up Multimedia Festival
This call targets artists of any age, gender identity, race, sex, ethnicity, religion and nationality. The annual event seeks to promote equality, culture connecting and interdisciplinary collaboration. Its programme includes lectures, presentations and masterclasses from leading artists from different fields, circumstances and geographic areas. It culminates with numerous multimedia concerts that include the works of selected artists.
The organisers accept all visual art/music works, mainly works that fall within one of the following categories:
- Acoustic works for not more than five performers.
- Instrument(s)/voice(s) and fixed media or live electronics with or without video.
- Contact information.
- Instrumentation and the length of the piece.
- PDF score, if applicable.
- Recording of the work; mock-ups (MIDI) are acceptable.
- Links to view a video, if applicable.
- List of equipment you will provide.
- List of equipment you will need the festival to provide.
- Consideration of music video production.
- Bio of all individuals involved (250 words max each).
- Computer programme notes.
- An agreement to attend the festival if your work is selected.
- Each composer may submit no more than two compositions/works.
- There is no duration limit for composition submissions. However, works with durations under 15 minutes will generally be preferred to allow more works to be programmed.
- All Turn Up multimedia concerts will be both in-person and livestreamed online.
- The application deadline is 1 November.
- Selected artists will be notified by 15 December.
- Selected artists will be asked to confirm attendance by 1 January 2022.
source; music in Africa